We’ve been living through the greatest workplace disruption in generations and the level of volatility will not slow down in 2022. New Covid variants will continue to emerge and may cause workplaces to temporarily go remote again. Hybrid work is one of 11 trends that will shape work in 2022 and beyond and it will create more… […]
NOTES: 11 Trends that Will Shape Work in 2022 and Beyond
Here are 11 underlying trends that will shape workplace volatility in 2022:
1. Fairness and equity will be the defining issues for organizations.
2. Despite a strong push from the Biden administration, a significant number of employers will not adopt a vaccine mandate, instead relying on testing to keep their workplaces safe.
Talent Care and Managerial Astuteness
3. To compete in the war for knowledge worker talent, some companies will shorten the work week rather than increase pay.
4. Employee turnover will continue to increase as hybrid and remote work become the norm for knowledge workers.
5. Managerial tasks will be automated away, creating space for managers to build more human relationships with their employees.
Flexibility around how, where, and when people work will no longer be a differentiator. Employees will be expecting flexibility within their job as much as they expect a retirement plan or 401(k).
6. The tools that we use to work remotely will become the tools that help measure and improve performance.
7. The complexity of managing a hybrid workforce will drive some employers to require a return to the office.
People Care Trends
8. Wellness will become the newest metric that companies use to understand their employees.
9. The chief purpose officer will be the next major C-level role.
10. Sitting is the new smoking.
11. DE&I outcomes will worsen in a hybrid world without intervention.
In 2022, executives will need to address how they are managing fairness and equity across the increasingly varied employee experience. In fact, this will be the number one priority for HR executives next year.
Managers’ will need to change mindsets and skill sets from managing tasks to managing the full experience of employees.
Welcome to Work-Life Feed Work-life Daily Trends. Go to https://www.hbr.org to view the full article on; 11 Trends that Will Shape Work in 2022 and Beyond. Worklife Feed is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Use Work-Life Feed search engine at the topmost right hand corner of our website to search other related and exciting topics and articles.
“Some companies will continue to compete for talent through compensation alone. Others that don’t have the financial resources to do so will use other strategies. Rather, they will try and win the war for talent by reducing the number of hours worked by employees and keep compensation flat.”HBR
You may also like; Define Worklife and Work-life Balance