To begin on the secret to balance between personal and work-life, let me tell you that these two aspects cannot be separated.
With so many communication apps that we have installed on our phones (Slack, email, Facebook, WhatsApp, Meet, etc.) it is difficult to completely disconnect. However, it is important to remember that work is part of your life, it is not your life! It […]
NOTES: Secret to Balance Between Personal And Work Life
Five keys to balance your personal and work life without generating frustration:
1. Make your own definition of success. Forget other people’s definitions of success. Reinvent yourself, analyze and establish new metrics to evaluate your success. Your metrics could be how much quality and valuable time you spend with your family, friends, and investing in self-care and development.
2. Make a list of how you want to feel during the day. What of writing, “I want to feel unhurried, energetic, happy,” etc. Dare to allocate time to doing something that will help you achieve any of this. Act, the desired final outcome will not fall from the sky.
3. Create non-negotiable and respect them. Define the activities in your life that are essential for your well-being and success. For example, healthy breakfast, your exercise routine, meditation time, eating as a family, etc. Don’t let other events get the better of you.
4. Dare to say NO. In order for you to have time to say “yes” to what you really want according to your definition of success, you need to drop a few things and a few Nos.
5. Link work routines with personal habits. See what activity in your personal life you can do along side work activity; a call, meditating or even drinking a glass of water. Or, make the work routine a reminder to take care of yourself.
To have a balance between your personal life and work life, it is the quality and not the amount of time that you dedicate to each activity that makes the difference. Keep in mind that your well-being is your secret weapon and competitive advantage. For more, listen to this audio.